Project New Leaf, now in its third year, in on schedule! Our vision is clear and simple: to make this special place even better for all Cantigny visitors. The project will enhance almost every area of Cantigny Park, allowing current and future generations to enjoy the beauty and attractions of the 500-acre estate.
Here are some key things to know:
- Project New Leaf is currently in Phase One and should be completed in 2020 or 2021.
- It primarily involves the park side of the Cantigny estate.
- This is the biggest change for gardens and grounds since the park opened in 1958. We’re creating better sight lines to expose more of Cantigny’s beauty and unify its elements. New garden areas are being created.
- Other improvements: drainage, pathways, parking lots, signage, lighting, playground, visitor safety and additional bathrooms.
- The park will remain open throughout project and most events will take place as scheduled.
- First Division Museum renovations, including the Tank Park, were completed in 2017. The museum is OPEN!
- McCormick House changes are still in the planning phase.
- The project is funded by the Robert R. McCormick Foundation.
- To stay informed, visit this web page often and subscribe to NEW LEAF, our e-newsletter. To receive NEW LEAF, click here.
Thanks for your patience and understanding during this exciting time in Cantigny’s history. Good things are ahead!
Have a question or comment? Please send it to email@example.com.